Thursday, October 7, 2010

Quick Fixes for Tired Looking Eyes

I realize I'm no beauty queen but for crying out loud I hate waking up with tired eyes. It's obvious to everyone what kind of not so restful night I had. The older I get the more I have them too. There are some days I wake up and have a bright glowing face but other times I must mask the ugly tiredness. 

1. White eyeliner

I saw this trick being used on an MTV Show a long time ago and I was hooked right away. It actually works. I think green corrects redness if that is a problem. I also have some white concealer that I use too. This worked to open and brighten her eyes. This is an easy instant makeup trick for tired eyes. It's cheap and easy. Try it out.

2. Undereye Concealer

Apply a concealer just a shade or two lighter than the rest of your face. I recommend speaking to a makeup consultant at a department store for help. Choosing the right concealer is important in covering up dark under eye circles. A shade too light can make you look like you have eye bags, while a dark shade will only enhance under eye circles.

3. Preparation H

While concealers work to reduce dark under eye circles, it's often hard to fix puffy eye bags. An old but well known treatment for puffy eyes is Preparation H. Yes it's butt medication for hemorrhoids but it works. It helps to tighten skin and when applied under the eyes, it effectively reduces swollen puffy eyes. Give it a try.

4. Cold Spoon

Another great tip to reduce puffy eyes is a cold spoon. Simply take a spoon from your kitchen and run it under cold water. Once you feel the metal is cold place the spoon on the puffy area for at least 60 seconds. Voila! Puffiness gone. An even better idea is to have a spoon already stored in your refrigerator or freezer for emergency puffy eye fixes. Ahh, the wonders of home remedies!

No comments:

Post a Comment