Friday, October 22, 2010

{halloween cupcake wreath}

Photobucket


I'm really not into the creepy Halloween decor mostly b/c I'm not a huge fan of Halloween in general. But I decided to make this wreath to add some color to our porch/door. 

I purchased a package of Halloween dimensional stickers for $3 & a wooden wreath frame at Michael's Craft Store $2, Large Halloween cupcake liners $2.50, Small Halloween cupcake liners $1.50, small box of jewels $3.50 all at Wal-Mart. 


total = $12.50

Actually, everything I had left over (cupcake liners, stickers, and jewels) I will use in other crafts so it wasn't very expensive to make. 

I used Tacky Glue to layer the goodies on the wooden wreath frame. I also used some ribbon that I already had for my daughter's hair bows. I added foil and markers to add color. When I was given this idea I was told to paint the wooden wreath frame with black paint but I used a black sharpie marker to color the inner/outer rim and any other exposed parts.

I'm  handicap when it comes to the craft department. I'm not lacking in the creative area but making it actually look like it did in my head is a different story! But this is a very simple project.

5 comments:

  1. How cute is that?! I love projects that use things I already have around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! What a great idea. I would love to have you join me over at www.myhappinessexperiment.blogspot.com. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!!! i also prefer fun & brightly colored halloween decor... not the blood & guts.
    this is a great craft!

    ReplyDelete